Computer Gaming

About Crysis do you think it will run on my machine (notebook)
Here are the specs:
Toshiba 15.4"
2*1024 DDR2 667 mhz
256mb graphics memory dedicated 1023mb available
2*125 4200 rpm sata hard disks
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600
Full DX 10 shader model support
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ T7300
Windows Vista Business 32 bit

and if so at what specs do you think

They are not that bad. But the slow HDD speed would scare me. At 4200RPOM that is the slowest hard drives out there and would take more time to access during game than most. This would cause many loading screen and much slow down during game when the HDD/CD had to be accessed.

It isnt that bad. If anything maybe try to find a demo and test that out. See how it runs.

I don't think that has anything to do with CD access times; but it certainly would take longer to load a saved game, start a new map, etc. (and if that's two hds in RAID0, then it'd be pretty fast!)

The CPU is more than enough, and the graphics card should be fine. With 256MB medium to high detail should be OK.

2GB of memory is great.

I was kind of wondering how it would do with DX10
I've been reading online that you need a 512MB Graphics Card to work it with DX10
Do you anything about that
Plus the hard drives are SATA does that affect?

P.S: I Don't know what the difference between SATA and RAID so if someone can explain?:tongueout:oint::brows:

Last edited:
^ ahh allo Ronin! good to have you with us!

yes your machine can run it

mine can run the demo on low everything at 800x600 lol

im running with a Gb or RAM and the crappiest series 8 nividia lol

but try the demo for sure: try: Crysis Demo Download Live Countdown October 26th 2007 PC EA Games

long download lol

sa for difference

from what i know

there are at least two different ways the HD connects with the motherboard, either IDE which is for older computers, and then the newer SATA

as for RAID, raid is a way for connecting multiple HD of the same size together in one of a number of ways

i know only about the first two: RAID0 and RAID1 - raid1 is where the two drives are put together for added performance and storage. - while raid1 i do believe is when the two HD mask each other and are copied version of each other, for data protection

is that right Sir Guru?

---

added:

i have gotten the first two games in the Dawn of war series ^_^ yay me

and i took the ISO's of the play disk's... the no CD thing wouldnt work on my system for some reason :frowning: but now i dont need the no CD i can just mount the iso with daemon tools lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
I was wondering if my card will be able to play it in DX10
i was really looking forward to that
However online i read that on anything not top of the line it will be horribly slow
do u know anything about that?

Well i just played the demo. It is nice. I was only on Low settings but i was playing at 1280x1024 Resolution.

P4 3.4GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia 6800 GFX Card

So for me it was decent. Parts were a tad slow. Some skipping in the voices. but overall this looks like a great game. On par with that of FEAR.

Yep, that's correct... (except it's raid0 for performance)
:smile:

ho-kay, thank you sir guru! ^_^

i have only messed with RAID once, and that was for my gramps computer he bought, he got a HP media center one, with two 275 HDs and i out them on the protection raid1 (right?) and thats it.

as for crysis

i only had the engine die the first time i loaded it

after that i restarted it, and it ran perfect, no voice problems, video looked great even in low

i did give the demo link ronin for anyone to get it ^_^

That is where i got my Demo from. :wink:

I tried it on High details and it ran so slow. Even at 800x640. So i just went back to low@1280*1024 and it is much nicer. Espically on a lowly 6800 series card. :tongueout:

^ lol

always play at what you will like

i usually play at 1024x768 usually doing fine with most games lol

my current desktop is: 1280x1024 @ 60 hertz

Same here, Mak (not with Crysis though, probably can't even get it to run on this machine!)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: resolution > detail for me :smile:

^ for the most part up until my last upgrade

i was the same, always at 1024x786 with the lowest video settings, thats how i beat HL2 lol

Running game at low details is crime against game developers :tongueout: They are working hard on details, and at the end, you wont even get to see them :lol: :tongueout:

Maybe game developers can pay for my next machine, then I'd happily oblige by playing at the highest level of detail :lol:

Indeed Guru, I support that action! :lol:

No seriously, thats why now we should play games made until 2004, and 2011 we should play games made in 2007 :smile: I think that would work :tongueout:

Back