I Need My Head Examining

Thank you,..................... I think.......if this thread continues much longer it'll be my next birthday.

I'm getting confused. Didn't I see somewhere that it was your birthday too?

Last edited:
Time for some intervention, methinks.

It was Peter's birthday, we all wished him a happy one.
It was Kahai (Donald)'s birthday. Ali misspelled his name and wished him a happy birthday, confusion ensued.
By then it was Ali's birthday and we wished him a happy birthday.
And now he's wondering how to say thank you.

Perhaps we need a birthday thread :lol:

Addendum:

Back on topic - did you get the clock back yet, Peter?

Last edited:
CG I'm glad you sorted that out, because I was totally confused. Happy Birthday to everyone......!!!

Not yet CG - re: the clock.

Yeah! awesome stuff Peter, Congrats, on the neat purchase! A Time Piece is not a clock in my view, and you can actually value Art and Science with this one. Atmos are amazing design and 60's Art deco style. I can understand the guilt rollercoaster you went through as i did the same last year when i got my first income raise in 3 years...i took the lunch money and went to get the Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute i had my eyes on for six months prior. Sure ruined my Xmas holydays and going out social scene...but damn it! when i put that time piece on...i feel i can actually become a cosmonaute and work on the space station...Anyways i admire people that spend Money on Time pieces...or Art, they are abstract emotions and art is personal...being the sole owner of an Atmos for the time enthousiast is like being drafted in first round for the hockey player...clunky comparison but hey bear with me here...Congrats again Peter! Take good care of it...!

Simon

Thanks Simon. It's in being cleaned and serviced at the moment but I shall enjoy many hours of gazing at it, I hope.

just make sure you don't spend too much time gazing at it maybe you should get a watch so that you can know exactly how long you've been gazing

See post #1
(edited) dates from around 1960. An Atmos Perpetual Clock by Jaeger LeCoultre of Switzerland. It is powered by variations in air temperature and pressure and never needs winding. It's made of gold plated brass. The clocks are hand made and each one takes around 1 month from start to finish. New they cost between $3000 and $5000 (for this model and up to $40,000 for the top-of-the-line) so I would never own one if it weren't for the second hand market.

and it's STILL in the shop being cleaned and serviced......I'm going to have to go up there and stir things a bit, obviously.

i doubt you'll find the shop after that description he would have crossed the border weeks ago jk (hope not)
...wait
It is powered by variations in air temperature and pressure and never needs winding.
wouldn't that mean it would be inaccurate in the mountains were the air is thicker???????????

The repair shop is still there. Mind you, they may have lost it....I would prefer to think that they are just too busy and will get around to it whenever. As long as it's some time in my current lifetime....!

No it works on variations in temperature and pressure, not the actual temperature or pressure and those will vary whether you are in the stratosphere or on the ground.
A variation of 1° is sufficient to wind it for 1 day.

ahhh so as long as there is atmospheric pressure it'll work so............ its useless in outer space
just call him and tell him !@#$%^&*()_you i want my clock back tomorrow or else i will sue you for _____________ (some long law referring term )

Back