• daily new members

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • weekly new members

Votes: 3 60.0%

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

aligator

Distinguished Member
i don't know if this is the right place to post but it would be nice to add the number of people that joined today or in this week (in case the daily numbers are to low) and u could also consider adding the number of new posts posted today
p.s. whats the difference between total members and active members

Well total members are the number of people that have signed up. Active members are people that have stayed and posted for more than 1 or 2 posts.

Guru is Active as is myself, Peter, Kahai, Terry among several others. As you see we have gotten quite a few posts and have done our best to help eeryone out. That is a Active Member.

Most people stop on by to get some advice on a issue they are having or to say thanks. But that is about it.

The number of new psots a day can vary. Some days we get a lot of new people with questions while sometimes we can go a week or so with no one new.

thanks for the clearup and im not sure if you still qualify for "quite a few posts" i think youve reached more than that well i'd like to see your opinion (poll)

To me it would be more of a weekly thing. As there are more members now posting but that is mainly in the Water Cooler area, since there really isnt a dedicated forum for most of that stuff.

It is nice to see people starting to stick around and post. But we will always be here for the dedication to support for the products that are put out by NST. :wink:

well with the number of posts the forum wouldnt matter so it wouldnt make a diffrence between water cooler and bug central thanks for ur vote

It not that it makes a difference where they are posted. Just what is posted. As i said many people stop by and get the answer to their question and are never seen again. Hence why the EasyBCD Support area has a lot of threads with only 1 or 2 posts from people.

The Water Cooler is just the place for us all to hang out and chit chat about everything else. Just like a Off Topic are would be on any other forum.

To me it dont matter any which way. As long as we have people who stop by and get what they want/need that is all that counts. If they stay to become active members in the community. That is great. If they decide to move on that is also great. As long as their experience here was good that is all that counts. :smile:

The Water Cooler is just the place for us all to hang out and chit chat about everything else. Just like a Off Topic are would be on any other forum.

No. The Water Cooler is the place where you get cooled out (which I do mostly). Don't confuse people. Kidding.:tongueout:

To me it dont matter any which way. As long as we have people who stop by and get what they want/need that is all that counts. If they stay to become active members in the community. That is great. If they decide to move on that is also great. As long as their experience here was good that is all that counts. :smile:

Yes, and if they will leave the place with positive thoughts about it. :smile:

As for on-topic, I'm not sure would that be of some big use... Although we could have at least one thread for new members to introduce themselves and meet us (if they would like to).

I like Sarge's "introduction thread" idea :smile:

Peter, out-of-the-box it's not possible; but they're all trivial features that can be scripted in under 5 minutes :smile:

well alex that is a great train of thought as long as we help them its all good as for you sarge that is a good idea i ddint think of that but whats a v bulletinboard

Vbulletin is this forum thing. It uses vbulletin which is the software that is the forum. anybody else should be able to explain it better.

forum script?? as in the layout of the forum??
note: the poll has multiple votes enabled

Last edited:
No, aligator, son, you know, computers can't work without a software, thats how internet can't work without a webpages/websites. Now, internet makes progress, so we can now have a lot more then a web page. It can run processes, thats how you even have office software, media players, games and whatnot all based online.

Forum script is a software that is installed on a server and lets multiple people leave messages and get in touch with each other. There are many forum scripts, they are made by different web developers. vBulletin is one of them, and its installed on NST server. Any clearer now? :smile:

well thank you very much for dumbing it down to me sarge i think i understand a little better now which is the oint of this website is it not? so is it safe to say this forum is powered by vbulletin
just how some games are powered by java?

Addendum:

just a quick question do the forums have auto update as in will my page reload itself after for example sarge or cg or alex or someone posts or do i have to do it maually?:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Last edited:
No, Java is totally different. Java downloads a program to your desktop when you visit a Java-powered page, and runs it from there.

The forum does not automatically refresh the page - you'll have to do that yourself.

well thank you very much for dumbing it down to me sarge i think i understand a little better now which is the oint of this website is it not? so is it safe to say this forum is powered by vbulletin
just how some games are powered by java?

Well, for the game made in java you say they are powered by java. So, you can say this site is powered by vBulletin. But vBulletin is made in php, so I think we can say that vBulletin is powered by php, in that logic.

just a quick question do the forums have auto update as in will my page reload itself after for example sarge or cg or alex or someone posts or do i have to do it maually?:huh::huh::huh::huh:

I think you have to refresh the forum page to see any updates. Otherwise it wont refresh by itself, however it doesn't sounds impossible for some browser extension to refresh any page you are looking at after some time. But, nah, I wouldn't go that far.

Back