NeoSmart Book Club

Sorry, it seemed I'd seen your name around more than that, I must have been picking up older posts.
My dislike of RR is, to a large degree, by association with the detested Margaret. (strangely, revered abroad, loathed at home - Much like the other Cold Warrior Gorbachev, more admired here than in Russia)

yeah well i was and still am using Firefox and it still tells me Regan if i spell it with the small r and gives no hint what so ever that it might actually be wrong therefore i plead innocence

It does have a spell-checker but i think only with Firefox and IE.
I know it doesnt work with Opera so it probably doesnt work with Maxathon.

too late i already graduated yaaaay

time to try out some magic now that i wonlt get into trouble
avada kadavra
hee heee hee sorry couldn't resist maybe i should re post this on the post postmark thread
bye bye
(I aparated away)

Avada Kedavra (with an e) is the killing curse from Harry Potter. So apparently he just graduated from Hogwarts and so now he can do magic without being punished and killed us all.(even though youre supposed to be free to do magic in around the last year, when you become of age, but we'll forgive you)

P.S. The writing should have been in Green (the color of the Killing Curse)

I thought it as Abra Cadabra...but then I haven't read the books, only seen the films.

It was the "I aparated away" that I was "huh" - ing...did you mean I evaporated away?

Ron!n is right. He has the correct spelling for the killing curse. It is derived from Abra Cadabra but it isnt that. Great use or word play by the author.

apparation is the magical art of disappearing and reappearing by magic, kind of like magical teleportation but ronin You were right i should have written in green but i had to show that it was evil

Addendum:

and everyone knows that red and black are the most common colors used to show evil and darkness read somewhere that a long time ago they used to think that tomatoes were poisonous because of there color

Last edited:
Ron!n is right. He has the correct spelling for the killing curse. It is derived from Abra Cadabra but it isnt that. Great use or word play by the author.

Thanks for clarifying that. I just zap them myself, no words involved....LOL

Addendum:

apparation is the magical art of disappearing and reappearing by magic, kind of like magical teleportation but ronin You were right i should have written in green but i had to show that it was evil

Addendum:

and everyone knows that red and black are the most common colors used to show evil and darkness read somewhere that a long time ago they used to think that tomatoes were poisonous because of there color

You are using Potter-ese, I'm not familiar with all the expressions...obviously I have to start reading the books.

Last edited:
It does have a spell-checker but i think only with Firefox and IE.
I know it doesnt work with Opera so it probably doesnt work with Maxathon.

For Opera's spellchecker to work you need to separately install GNU aspell on your machine.

You are using Potter-ese, I'm not familiar with all the expressions...obviously I have to start reading the books.
potter-ese is a very useful language for making fun of people without getting your @$$ kicked but yes i recommend you read the books i think that mystical magic books are the most popular right i mean you have :
1-harry potter
2- lord of the rings
3-eragon
4-........

I just bought and finished reading Arthur C. Clarke's 3001. Only to realise near the end that I had already read it years ago and actually had it sitting on my bookshelves...LOL I have too many books!

Last edited:
I have read everything of (the late) ACC, who's in my top 2 SF authors (with Asimov).
But I have also done that (bought a book I already own) with one of the John Le Carre cold war Spy novels (featuring George Smiley), though I didn't get as far as reading it before realizing my error.

i must say the one thing i miss about America is the public library floors and floors of books ranging from every subject in the world here (KSA) they don't know what a book looks like except for a checkbook the public library closed down or it was always like that im not quite sure

That's unfortunate Ali. Do you know I have at least 3 public libraries and 1 reference library within easy walking distance and I hate to confess I've only been in the latter once to look up some words in Gaelic. (Before the internet was widely available).

Back