NeoSmart Book Club

That's unfortunate Ali. Do you know I have at least 3 public libraries and 1 reference library within easy walking distance and I hate to confess I've only been in the latter once to look up some words in Gaelic. (Before the internet was widely available).

I could not even tell you where the local library is here. So feel fortunate that you have so many. Libraries are becoming a thing of the past now that the Internet has almost all this info available.:frowning:

i just finished reading"the cold moon" a Jeffrey Deaver Lincoln Rhyme novel thought it was really great anyone read Lincoln Rhyme novels???????? well here is a nice quote from it
time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately it kills all of its students

and I'm sure you were always with the thieves i doubt anyone ever was with whats his name the belagio owner his name was bent i think
besides thers a rawld dawhl book with a bunch of mini stories one of them is about a pick pocket thief and about how its a great art

there was another mini story in that book about the levitating guy who could see with his eyes closed it was a story within a story

there was this one part where he went to get trained by a Hindu priest or something of that sort and he gets bricks thrown at him for spying i'm not sure if it was in that same story but it was in the book

I finished reading the Andromeda Strain.
Its a really nice book. The science in it is all simplifies which is pretty nice.
The ending was good but i felt it was too rushed since a bit before the bomb.
Now i might just watch the show when i finish finals.

Hey Peter.
Backing up a few posts to a previous sub-topic - I've just done it again, bought a book I already own !
Though in this case my excuse is that the b*st*rd publishers changed the title between the hardback and paperback editions, so I didn't realize it wasn't another work by the same author on the same subject !

Better luck next time, Terry.

That's why I love the public libraries. Worst case scenario is you take home an extra book you've already read without spending a penny. Too bad there aren't any here, though! :|

It's not the end of the world - my bookshop of choice is the Oxfam charity shop, so it just goes down as a £2.99 charity donation, and my brother gets a free book.

This was non-fiction. A published work based on John Ray's doctoral thesis about the reasons behind the sacking of Hugh Dowding and Keith Park (the architects of the Victory of the RAF over the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain 1940), at the moment of their triumph.
This act of apparent ingratitude has caused great controversy and debate amongst historians ever since, and the author has trawled through all the memos and official records of the time, and interviewed the people involved in an attempt to make a definitive accurate analysis.

Back