The Introduction Thread

how/why/when did you join?

Hi,
I found this forum while searching for a fix for my dual boot computer.
I need advice on how to proceed.
Joined July 30, but couldn't post till my confirmation email came in, which wasn't right away.

Hi all. I was searching for a fix to my troubles for over a week now. It started out as one thing after another until I finally found a thread with the exact problem that I have. Unfortunatly the thread states that I am screwed and have to do a clean install. I do not believe that this is neccissary so I joined to get some advise from all. The thread that explains my problem to a "t" is "BCD Error Single OS Vista Ultimate" posted May 5th 2008. I have given in after trying everything the experts have suggested and for almost all, have fixed. No longer can I tackle this on my own researching different things. It has been over a week now. I am exhausted. Please help.

Hi there palindrome, welcome to NST.
Please, start a thread describing your problem in the appropriate forum.
Alternatively, you can, if you wish, add a post to the thread you mentioned. That will reactivate it and bring it to our attention.

Once upon a time there were Three Operating Systems (XP, Vista and Linux) that lived somewhere in the woods of my PC. Then I discovered Easy BCD, which made a path through the woods to each Operating System.

Thank you

It is indeed a pleasure and a surprise to have found this site and now being a member of it. I, like others am crazy about computers incl hardware and have picked up a few things all by myself. I am fastidious about going about maintaining and improving my laptop Acer 5536G myself and believe that this forum will impact me as well as being useful to it myself. Thanks a lot for the welcome.
Skshome

Easy BCD lead me here, this site has a very clean design and layout with lots of bright shiny icons to keep me entertained.

29 male from Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA, Earth.
I am for the most part Microwave and dishwasher safe.

Last edited:
Tri-boot help

Like most I'm here because I need help. Trying to install XP, Vista and Win 7 on separate hard drives and multi-boot. Vista and Win 7 are no problem but can't get XP to join the group. How can this be done?:ldown:

eduncan0

Like most I'm here because I need help. Trying to install XP, Vista and Win 7 on separate hard drives and multi-boot. Vista and Win 7 are no problem but can't get XP to join the group. How can this be done?:ldown:

eduncan0

I'm sure if you post that issue in the correct thread the experts will enlighten you with knowledge, or simply read the directions and WIKI for Easy BCD usage, and even skim through old topics with this same subject. that's what lead me here and I was able to correct the boot loader no problem without posting the redundant thread topic.... This is a very helpful forum.

have a fantastic day~

hello everyone i came here for help, but you seem like a nice bunch of people, and you seem to understand computers much more than me, i think it would interesting getting to know you all,

but were would i go to post my problem so that i don' mess things up here.

thanks

This looks a friendly website and forum. I already posted my first question.
By the way, although I have questions about Easybcd and booting I was impressed when I first successfully used EasyBCD.

Thanks.

Hey pug, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies :smile:

Good luck with that triple boot - if you need any help just give us a holler!

Back