TV Shows and Cars

Well on the topic of T.V. Shows (which is actually off-topic). Anybody have any recommendations for some good T.V. Shows. Ive watched Heroes, Prison Break, 24, Lost (which is the best show ever) and a couple others. Does anybody recommend anything.

For my car im going to have to go with a BMW or the Bugatti Veyron
Bugatti Veyron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It sells for 1 million though production costs around 4.

Last edited:
i'd take the lambo any day cg but there a really nice mercedes caovered in diamonds it belongs to some rich saudi proce its worth 4.3 million and you pay 1000 just to tuch it the car is nice but the diamonds make it look ugly besides you cant take it anywhere

Guru,
Here's how you can enjoy your motoring with a clear conscience.
http://www.teslamotors.com/
Protect the planet whilst getting all the thrills of a petrolhead except the noise.
(you can always carry an MP3 player for suitable sound effects - big GM V8, Ferari V12, or my personal favourite engine noise - Rolls Royce Merlin 61 27litre V12)

I have a question for you BBC watchers.
Did any of you watch a mini-series called "The Edge of Darkness"?
It is a bit old, 1985, but it has many awards and very good ratings so i was thinking of giving it a go.
What do you guys think?

A long time ago now Ron!n, but I remember enjoying it a lot on several levels, Sci-fi, thriller, whodunit, cold-war angst etc. (and Joanne Whalley is always worth looking at (even though she's dead for the whole series !))
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/edge/reviews.shtml
I think you should enjoy it.

Someone else's opinion
Edge of Darkness

Superb conspiracy thriller with a claim to being the best drama of the 1980s.

Bob Peck starred as policeman Ronald Craven in this immensely popular series, which combined elements of murder mystery, science fiction and conspiracy thriller. Trying to understand the reasons behind his daughter Emma's murder, Craven uncovers a vast conspiracy encompassing the nuclear industry, environmental terrorism and Britain's role in the 'Star Wars' Strategic Defense Initiative. Craven is accompanied on his investigation by cryptic CIA agent Jedburgh (Joe Don Baker), as well as by visions of Emma.

His search takes him from Yorkshire to the corridors of Whitehall and on to Northmoor, a forbidding nuclear reprocessing plant. Along the way the stakes of the story raise so far as to suggest the events on screen may even be the continuation of an ages-long struggle between the forces of good and evil, while never losing sight of the core story of a father's loss.

Originally broadcast on BBC2, Edge of Darkness was met with such rapturous public and critical acclaim that a BBC1 repeat was scheduled ten days later. The series won four Baftas, including Best Drama Series, Best Actor and Best Original Television Music for its Eric Clapton/Michael Kamen score.

Affecting, intelligently plotted and utterly gripping, the series still regularly appears high in lists of the most important British television programmes.

Last edited:
Terry, Amazon UK has the complete series for £11.45 upwards and I also see it available in NTSC format on Amazon.ca for $46.05 - I might consider buying it.
I like Joanne Whalley and have always been a fan of John Woodvine and Joe Don Baker.
Do you think it's worth buying?
The UK site also offers it for rental, that's a new approach for Amazon.

Last edited:
Aligator, I see that you sig is suffering from "Imageshack is down - yet again" syndrome. Use Photobucket, they suffer from far fewer breakdowns.

Sounds like a good price Peter. I normally buy CDs and DVDs from HMV.com. Their website is offshore in the Channel Islands, and thanks to a chink in UK tax law, they can sell anything under £18 without the necessity to pay VAT on the import. They're quoting £13.99 so the Amazon price sounds good for a triple DVD if you can get it.

I'll probably buy it. HMV have shops here too but I've used the Channel Islands one on several occasions when looking for rare stuff online. That's the beauty of the internet.
I recently received a very scarce copy of "Larn yersel Geordie" on CD from the C.I. branch. It was, as far as I knew, hitherto only available on vinyl and my version was severely scratched. Yes, I'm a Geordie, in case you are wondering why the hell I would go to all that trouble...LOL

Addendum:

Terry, I ordered it from Amazon.ca for more than I would have paid to HMV C.I. even with postage, but I'd rather get it in my home format NTSC than PAL. Even though my DVD player accepts both, I find some quality is lost in the conversion.

Last edited:
Well, to me it looks like this:

aligator.jpg

But then I don't see one of the images in my signature either and they are both hosted here.

In Firefox it's even better...LOL

Aligator2.jpg

What's going on I wonder?

Addendum:

Aligator...it's the forum. It's taking a very long time to load here, for some reason. When that happens stored images are often the last to load.

Last edited:
No Imageshack is down. I jsut tried to use it for something and the page there wouldnt load. For me most of the Images in Aligators sig dont show. I block DanaSoft. I dont need to be told what OS and what Browser i am running. :tongueout:

no idea what you are paradoxing about but here is a question why would only one of them show if image shack is down then they all should not show????
p.s. like my avatar its the sun

But it's not animated Ali. (I kept watching your previous, waiting for one of the circles to miss the hole and crash horribly, but it kept making it through - good driving !)

Back