TV Shows and Cars

But it's not animated Ali. (I kept watching your previous, waiting for one of the circles to miss the hole and crash horribly, but it kept making it through - good driving !)

Someone's enjoying his recently-rediscovered animated GIFs a bit too much, methinks :lol:

no idea what you are paradoxing about but here is a question why would only one of them show if image shack is down then they all should not show????
p.s. like my avatar its the sun

Your avatar and the top bar of your sig are hosted at Neosmart, but the rest are hosted at Imageshack...just right-click and look at "Properties".

Your avatar and the top bar of your sig are hosted at Neosmart, but the rest are hosted at Imageshack...just right-click and look at "Properties".
okay that makes sense but since i am way to lazy 2 of them are Neosmart bars the other is the Chicago white sox logo of course you already know that but whatever
Someone's enjoying his recently-rediscovered animated GIFs a bit too much, methinks :lol:
u talking about me
as for you peter worry not i will change my avatar to another animated one by the way i kinda wanted them to crash too! hehe

Addendum:

i made this one especially for you (well i didn't really make it; although i'd love to know how)
it has a lot of crashing just for you

Last edited:
how can i actually make picture on my p.c. let alone animated ones
wait terry if you looked at my old avatar with 3d glasses did it look different i got it from popsci.com

Addendum:

how can i actually make picture on my p.c. let alone animated ones
wait terry if you looked at my old avatar with 3d glasses did it look different
love ur new avatar

Addendum:

peter that was directed to u too lazy to press edit

Addendum:

p.s. ronin congrats on becoming blue

Last edited:
A long time ago now Ron!n, but I remember enjoying it a lot on several levels, Sci-fi, thriller, whodunit, cold-war angst etc. (and Joanne Whalley is always worth looking at (even though she's dead for the whole series !))
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/edge/reviews.shtml
I think you should enjoy it.

Someone else's opinion
Edge of Darkness

Superb conspiracy thriller with a claim to being the best drama of the 1980s.

Bob Peck starred as policeman Ronald Craven in this immensely popular series, which combined elements of murder mystery, science fiction and conspiracy thriller. Trying to understand the reasons behind his daughter Emma's murder, Craven uncovers a vast conspiracy encompassing the nuclear industry, environmental terrorism and Britain's role in the 'Star Wars' Strategic Defense Initiative. Craven is accompanied on his investigation by cryptic CIA agent Jedburgh (Joe Don Baker), as well as by visions of Emma.

His search takes him from Yorkshire to the corridors of Whitehall and on to Northmoor, a forbidding nuclear reprocessing plant. Along the way the stakes of the story raise so far as to suggest the events on screen may even be the continuation of an ages-long struggle between the forces of good and evil, while never losing sight of the core story of a father's loss.

Originally broadcast on BBC2, Edge of Darkness was met with such rapturous public and critical acclaim that a BBC1 repeat was scheduled ten days later. The series won four Baftas, including Best Drama Series, Best Actor and Best Original Television Music for its Eric Clapton/Michael Kamen score.

Affecting, intelligently plotted and utterly gripping, the series still regularly appears high in lists of the most important British television programmes.

Terry, and Ron!n (who first mentioned it), my "Edge of Darkness" dvd set arrived yesterday. I'd ordered it through Amazon.ca, who in turn ordered it through an American distributer, who in turn got it from the UK. So I could have just ordered it from the Beeb directly...LOL.

I've watched episodes 1 thru' 3 so far....excellent. Thank God my DVD Player is region-free - plays PAL or NTSC disks!!

Last edited:
Well, I can see why it won so many awards. When the BBC do something right, which is most of the time, they do an excellent job of it.

I would recommend it but note that it only comes in PAL as far as I know. I guess you would be OK with that.

Thanks Mahmoud. PAL also comes in different "flavours" so not sure which TV standard your country uses.

Don't most T.V.s nowadays play both???
I know mine does (both dvd player and tv), and most systems i've seen recently.
Is it different in Britain and America?
I know America uses NTSC but what if someone wants to watch a PAL???

Most TV's marketed in N. America show NTSC only. Most DVD players marketed in N. America play area 1 (NTSC) only, but one can buy, like I did, multi-format, region-free players that play any standard and translate it to whatever your TV accepts. Mine even upscales to 1080i (High Definition) which my TV is.

Europe and the Middle East are, I'm sure, more ahead of the game in marketing multi-standard units, but from what I see advertised online in, for instance, British stores, most TV's there are PAL only, so one would need not only a PAL DVD player but a dual standard one in order to play N. American DVD's which are all NTSC.

I remember when PAL colour first came out in the U.K. and how wonderfully sharp it was compared with the NTSC tv's I'd seen in N. America. Now we have High Definition which is superb, so we actually get better pictures than you guys.

It's a pity that different standards were adopted but there you go, there are ways and means around it.

See World TV Standards.

Basically.....

NTSC: 525 horizontal lines
Pal: 625 horizontal lines
NTSC Hi-Def: 1080 horizontal lines = my TV.

Last edited:
Yeah i saw a dvd player that has 1080 upscaling. Does that upscale anything inserted as in 720 p or normal dvd quality (480 i think)?

Mine upscales anything I put in and outputs is as 1080i. My TV wont handle 720p (or 1080p for that matter, it's too old for that). The picture is certainly better than if I use the pass-through setting.

If the TV detects that a signal isn't really 1080i it just scans extra lines to make up anyway....

By the way....this is my DVD player: HELIOS H4000 HD.

For anyone in the UK reading this, it unfortunately does not come with SCART connections.

Last edited:
I never liked SCART connectors - are those the default in the UK?

For me:
HDMI > DVI > Component > VGA > S-Video > RCA > Coax

SCART was developed in France but hevely adopted in the UK for some reason I don't know why it's big an clunky thank god its becoming less an less common. Everything is moving over to HD so most new TV's only come with 1 scart connector for legacy support an 3 or more HDMI inputs with composite an PC inputs ect.

Back