TV Shows and Cars

Terry60

Telephone Sanitizer (2nd Class)
Staff member
Resurrecting the Columbo theme for a moment - the pilot episode is on ITV this afternoon and the date given is 1968 - 40 years ago !!! (I would have guessed nearer 30)

Sorry - It always seems to be a me that diverts this thread off into other trails. Wizards and elves first, now detectives !

Last edited:
I considered cleaning up this thread (moving the book discussion one place, the movie discussion another, etc.) but then I realized how hopelessly mangled all the posts are (i.e. me posting about 17 topics in one post) and gave up :grinning:

So, by all means, carry on! :tongueout:

i really can't stand columbo no offense terry
post_new.gif

I considered cleaning up this thread (moving the book discussion one place, the movie discussion another, etc.) but then I realized how hopelessly mangled all the posts are (i.e. me posting about 17 topics in one post) and gave up :grinning:

considering the fact that last time you cleaned up the thread and moved harry potter and lord of the rings it died there's something about doing it incorrectly:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

I wasn't expressing a liking for the series Ali, just amazement at how old it is .

The original wasnt bad. But wasnt good either. Hasslehof was one of the worst actors i have ever seen. Show would have been better without him. The remake is even worse...

He went on to Baywatch didn't he? I hadly ever watched.....boring...!!
That show also put Canada's walking lifejacket into Stardom Status - Pamela Anderson.
She grew up right near where I live.
(She comes with built-in flotation devices).

yeah but did you see the new movie that came out??? then there was a another copycat show viper which was even worse becasue it had a bunch of over dramatic wanna be actors the only good part was the car

The new movie is what Mak was talking about in "the remake sucked"
And its not a movie its a pilot.
They make it into movie format and see if people like it, if so they continue it into a series.

Yeah the series pilot is what i am talking about. The one where they use the new Mustang Cobra as the car. I still think they should have stayed with the Firebird....

i liked the mustang cobra better than the firebird; except that it was to boxy
for a while i thought that you (alex) were saying that they made a couple of episodes again in an attempt to revive the series but that it failed;
did anyone happen to watch jake2.0 i thought it was a very nice show but alas it was discontinued

I know that they had the pilot on TV not long ago over here. I didnt bother to watch it. To me the car is not worth it nor was the actor playing the part.

The Mustang is a nice car but when you think of K.I.T. and you grew up watching the original you think of Firebird's. A Mustang is no replacement for that car. I have driver both and i will say that on any given day i will take a Firebird over a Mustang as the Firebird is a true sports car. The Mustang is just a paultry attempt at it. But that comes from someone who drove a Camaro for 3 years as well.

Plus you can't do the lights on the front right. The Firebird made it perfect. Could do 1 small mod to the car and get those lights in there hidden ever so nicely. Did it to a friends car so i know that first hand. They had to heavily modify the Mustang to get the lights in on the front. Just doesnt look right....

also the mustang is mostly fiberglass and would crumple instantly, my dad once got hit in his jeep by a mustang and the other car was completely destroyed and his car only lost a bumper or something

Carbon fibre composites are very strong when used in a way that exploits their natural strengths and minimizes their weaknesses, and are much lighter than equivalent metal components, hence their use in most of the latest aircraft, formula 1 racing cars, and high-end road cars, but glass reinforced plastic construction has been around since I was a boy (a long time) and has only the benefit of lightness.
If they built F1 cars out of fibre-glass, there'd be a hell of a lot of dead drivers (not) around now.

I was just going to add that fibreglass isn't very strong. I used to use it to patch my poor old Lambretta Scooter whenever I pranged it, many moons ago in the UK.

Prang is British for smash-up or crash.

I had a habit of running it into things...the brakes weren't very good, especially as I proceeded everywhere on it at the maximum possible speed.

Ah, those good old University days. What a waste of time that was...LOL!!

OK. SO here is another question. Does the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500k use fiberglass or Carbon Fibre. I would think most hoods are Carbon Fibre right?

here is all i could find (source Wikipedia)
2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

2008 Shelby GT500KR at the New York International Auto Show

The 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR, revealed at the 2007 New York International Auto Show, is scheduled for release in the spring of 2008, is powered by a (estimated) 540 horsepower 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 variation with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack. Production will be limited to 1,000 units. The Shelby GT500KR styling features include a carbon composite hood with scoops and hood pins, a lowered front air dam, and 14-inch Brembo front brakes with functional cooling ducts. The 2008 GT500KR draws on styling features from the classic 1968 "King of the Road" GT500KR model, and includes 40th anniversary badging, racing stripes, and Carroll Shelby signature embroidered seats. The GT500KR's price is estimated to be around the $52,000 range.

[edit] Specifications
  • Front engine, RWD, 4 passenger, 2 door coupe
  • Supercharged DOHC 32 valve V8 engine
  • 5.4 L displacement
  • Power: 550 hp (410 kW)
  • Torque: 510 ft·lbf (690 N·m)
  • 6 Speed Manual Transmission
  • 3,800 lb (1,700 kg) curb weight
  • 107.1 in (2,720 mm) wheelbase
  • 188×73.9×54.5 in (4.78×1.88×1.38 m)[citation needed]

Well i guess what i read is true. The Shelby GT500KR still didnt come out. The one they used is actually just modified to lok like it.

Addendum:

MY COMPUTER IS OUT OF LOCKDOWN!!!!!!!
I dont think ill be going to sleep anytime tonight.
(too bad i only got it for a day)

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Only 52,000? That's rather cheap, technically speaking.

Only cars worth buying:

BMW M6:
attachment.php

Maserati GranTurismo:
800px-Maserati_GranTurismo.JPG

Lamborghini (After all, who could resist?)
800px-Lamborghini_Reventón.jpg

Attachments

• M6.png
    M6.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 33
Back