Ubuntu 7.10 Final

May I recommend Ubuntu:Gutsy - as an excellent resource to follow for step-by-step (well, almost) instructions on getting most common tasks done - including video drivers, I believe.

So this looks like a Wiki for Ubuntu. For a while there i thought Gutsy was a distro. Well i have already decided to forgo my OS X efforts and tri boot with XP, Vista and Ubuntu. I will definately take a look at that Wiki so that i can figure out something on Linux.

Also on a side note i downlaoded and have Deluge ready and waiting. It is compatible with Windows as well. So i have it installed on my Windows. The only thing i dont like about it...doesnt see finished downloads. IT tries to download them again. :frowning:

I just upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10. There were some things that annoyed me about it. 1. When I upgraded, it said programs such as Compiz would be installed, but they were not. 2. I keep getting errors such as "HAL failed to initialize" when I start up Ubuntu. Oh, well. The system is still useable after the upgrade; and whatever they did change must be working fine.

Back