Windows Mail Annoys Me!

Thanks...I already have my sounds organised...my main question right now is where did this utility vanish to. It was sitting pretty in my notifcation area until I booted up the next day...and now it's gone.

No problem.

Just to clear things up:
You now have everything requested in the first post?
Audible notification and tray minimization?

No it just sits there and basically is another short cut to Windows Mail...no notifcations apparent, however, I just discovered that my Windows Mail is not polling for mail unless I click Send/Receive, despite being to set to poll every 5 minutes.

It doesn't *show* notifications, it just hides WM to the tray.
WM by default should *sound* an alert when a new message is received via auto-message checking. Manual Send/Receive won't trigger the sound.

^idk

but maybe its becuase its a .exe but idk

i downloaded it and run it and everything, (from the first attachment by NH )

run the exe inside and it came up, i closed it and havent done anything yet lol

^ me

no it worked i guess

it opened i little tray icon, and i just closed it, i dont use windows mail (although after getting the last update they sent me a message interesting???)

so i just closed it, i try to keep my try cleaned up, only having thing i use running in the background

as to that: i have user ... control thingy disabled, so i dont have to have the pop-up's asking for my password, and i always have the red shield in my tray :frowning: any way to get rid of that?

(lol what i have running in tray: pidgin, steam, yahoo messenger, avast!(x2), logitech quickcam, sound effects, Mouse suite, winamp agent, and CCAA (Cisco Clean Access Agent) (as well as the default network connection, and sound )

Here's my tray from a couple of months ago:
After.png

Now it's bigger, with FeedDemon, iReboot, network monitor, and a couple of other things there too :smile:

^ lol fun

my task bar is double hight its bigger and i like it more lol

as for my quick start icons: GIMP, Inkscape, show desktop, switch between windows, IE, FF, opera, quick time player, yahoo messenger, winamp, VMworkstation, fastsum, ntune, and wmp

Well my Quick Launch has 8 items in it.

2 Folders (1 for games 1 for Utilties) Windows Live Mail, Zune, Safari, IE, Firefox and Opera.

The folder conatins quite a few shortcuts in them. Basically anything tha was on my desktop when i installed it is in the Utilties folder. Nero and such things. The games has well the games shortcuts. My taskbar isnt to bad. I think about 8 things as well.

Back