Our Best Photos [56k Warning]

Wow, those are some nice pictures, Sarge!

We have Roman ruins here too, I grabbed some pictures on my last visit to Umm Qays which is the site of the ancient Roman city of Gadara. Probably the biggest difference is the lack of grass and how badly ruined they are.....

I miss grass :frowning:

Oh, this city was called Ulpiana, the one I took pictures of, as much as I know.

Great pictures Guru, people are taking care of it, this place here is left alone... And it should be way better taken care of. :frowning: People say they found gold objects there.

The only Roman ruins I know on this side of the Atlantic are some Italian friends of mine. [/joke] (Groan)

OK, it's not the photos that are special - it's the thing being photographed :smile:

This was last semester's term project - building a Motorola-based microcontroller system. This is for all intents and purposes a real computer that I built and hand-wired from scratch and programmed with my own "OS" for university. The CPU used is the Motorola 68k, the pre-cursor to the famous PowerPC platform.

Front:
3301906680_7a97499706_b.jpg

Reverse:
3301910264_1978e43a71_b.jpg

Close-up:
3301080719_ccfc5a91ea.jpg

OK, it's not the photos that are special - it's the thing being photographed

And the importance of whats in the photograph to the individual. And jeez all the wiring and circuitry there :?? Must have been great when you got it all up and working :grinning: You did get it working, right? :lol:

The redundant Aptiva my dad gave me, that got me back computing after 12 years IT-free retirement, had a 75Mhz processor running W95, and I used Lotus 123 to set up a load of apps including some very big ones. I'm still running the same spreadsheet apps under Vista with the same release of 123, now on a 2x2.2Ghz processor with 16 times the RAM, but I don't remember them running a whole lot slower than they do at present, on the old machine.
(When I've finished converting the loft space over the garage, I'll have a PC museum up there with all the old systems connected up instead of boxed, and I'll clock them to see if that's just false-memory)
Anyway, I'd still back a custom OS on an 8Mhz chip against the mighty bloatfest that MS are so fond of producing. I bet it boots a bl**dy sight faster than Vista at least !)

Back