Our Best Photos [56k Warning]

Sarge

Nice one, Mahmoud, I had turkish coffee today. :smile:

Did I ever show you my home pets? :grinning: Photo was made last year. The desktop with red part on its case is my 2008 machine with Core2Quad :smile:
The desk is hand-made, very unique.

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Nice!! I only have a Core 2 Duo still :smile:

Sarge

As long as it does its job, there is no need for a replacement :smile: For example that machine above, performs all newest games at the top details and HD resolution, and I love gaming better on it then on Playstation 3. Other than that I really don't use all of its possibilities, except when I do 3D modeling and rendering, which I don't do that often. And even the top games today rarely use more than 50% of its processor that I didn't even overclock yet. :smile:

BTW, the black case has Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, it's pretty fast :smile:

Last edited:

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm behind the times too. Its amazing how fast core2duos went out with the i5s and i7s.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I'd *love* to get an i7, but I have to be honest with myself: I'm gaming and coding on this machine (2.66GHz Core 2 Duo E6750) and it's blazing fast. I've got the RAM and the fastest non-SSD HD out there (velociraptor) so putting the money into a CPU upgrade seems like vanity at the moment.... esp. since it'd require a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU.

toxic chicken

Took these pictures a couple weeks ago, they contrast pretty well with the snow picture i posted a while ago (Three years ago? Doesn't really seem like it...) in the winter. Not the best of pictures, taken through my windshield with a phone camera and not touched up at all, but gives you an idea of what it's like here in the spring. I do kind of like the reflection in the hood on the second picture..

Also, suppose this is my "I'm back" post, so hello everyone, once again. :tongueout:

Attachments

Last edited:

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Toxic :smile:

I'm looking forward to getting away to a place like that here in the next week or two, get out of this hot city of mine, hopefully with some better weather too.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Nice view! I know the naturescape in Washington is supposed to be gorgeous, never got a chance to see it in person though.

Sarge

OK, it's not the photos that are special - it's the thing being photographed :smile:

This was last semester's term project - building a Motorola-based microcontroller system. This is for all intents and purposes a real computer that I built and hand-wired from scratch and programmed with my own "OS" for university. The CPU used is the Motorola 68k, the pre-cursor to the famous PowerPC platform.

Front:

Reverse:

Close-up:
This is just dead stoned cold amazing :wtf: Have you done anything similar lately?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Saaaaaaaarge! How've you been - loooong time no see! The forums are empty without you :grinning:

In answer to your question - I worked on something similar for a graduation project... I hope to put it up online as soon as I get some patent-related stuff cleared out of the way :smile:

Sarge

Mahmoud ol' friend! :grinning: It's Professor Sarge now, I've moved up in the world a bit :smile:

Wow, patent stuff, it' sounds serious.. :smile:

Also, I usually hate when people give me youtube links, but you just have to see this, I know you will like it as much as I did :smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bd-cIPvWas&feature=sub

Last edited:

Ex_Brit

Older but no wiser
Staff member
Welcome back Professor Sarge....LOL.

Sarge

Thanks Peter :smile: How are you doing?

Ex_Brit

Older but no wiser
Staff member
Thanks for asking, I'm OK. Getting older, need I say more? Hope all is well with you too.