I Need My Head Examining

Just got the news today...the clock repairs and servicing will take around 5 months and cost around $850 Canadian or around $811 in funny money (US dollars).

Although that may seem a lot it's about what I expected.

I know, but I also know that Atmos clocks need a lot of TLC, so that length of time for servicing is pretty normal.

well your total bill comes 2 around 2grand 1 for the clock.8 for the servicing and lets say the other .2 for gas shipping and handling and phone bills
and about 1 year of waiting

the verdict:
buy a kitchen wall clock from walmart until you get your clock back

I can't stop laughing. They just called to say they'd made a mistake with the estimate. Instead of $850 it should be lower at $800.50 (eight hundred dollars and fifty cents)..... I felt like saying, what's the 50 cents for?

LOL, it would be nice. Oh, I forgot, and it's going to be ready for pickup at the end of December...LOL

Yes. Well I'm planning on being in the UK for Christmas/New Year so will be back on 10 Jan...hopefully it will be ready then.

coincidentally enough i today bought a new watch instead of my damaged 1
which i decide was not worth the trouble of fixing
this was my choice:
efa_121d_7av-big1_189_280.jpg

at first i didn't like it but my dad pointed out that your watch grows on you so what the hell

then again so does fungus

My second Seiko Quartz. About 18 years old and still quite accurate, but not as good as the first one, which was a little older when I finally had to replace it.
I bought it on a sudden whim, having intended to buy an Omega "tuning fork" watch, accurate to 2 seconds/day which was remarkable at that time, then noticed in the Jewelers window, this brand new technology "quartz crystal" Japanese watch.
I'd heard of the technology on programmes like "Tomorrow's World", but it was expensive. Then suddenly here in the window was a watch, cheaper than the Omega and guaranteed to be accurate to 1/2 second per day.
I bought it, fully expecting the claim to be exagerated, and was prepared to come back the next day for a refund if the 1/2 second had been exceeded.
I checked day after day after day , and eventually after several months, it was a whole second out. At this point the international keepers of time decreed a "leap second" to resynchronize the clocks with the planet, and "lo and behold" it was spot on again, so all along, it hadn't been my watch that was wrong, it was the planet !

Last edited:
I have an assortment of Seiko's & a couple of Weil all needing batteries. Currently I'm wearing an "Eberle" - which is an expensive looking, but cheap, eBay purchase and is automatic...no batteries, great!

Back