Post postmark

save the trees read them on the computer for free just kidding i can;t stand reading e books there's something about a real book the touch of paper it makes a difference

So the two bottom links arent the same as the one you have Terry?
I saw the one you linked but i didnt think it was the full one.

If my scanner worked under Vista, I'd show you the dustjacket of mine, but since it doesn't, I'll tell you it's an autumn/winter late evening, wet miserable-looking scene of Victorian London by gaslight reflecting in the wet road, with illuminated house windows, and hunched pedestrians hurrying home to warmth and shelter, past the hansom cabs, into the misty gloom. (despite what is obviously 10/10 cloud cover and rain, mysteriously a full moon appears in the sky). A small inset oval in the centre contains a portrait of SH holding a pipe to his lips whilst examining a letter, held in the other hand.

PS
congrats Sarge - I recently passed another ton, but a long way to go for the grand.

Last edited:
Well the one i saw doesnt seem to have an screenshot of the cover so i cant compare. Anyway si think i might just get the full 1136 page one.

P.S.
Congrats Sarge!!!!

Ronin: That's the one. A different cover though (mid-90s style, it's a thick hardcover with a rough-feeling texture and stuff).

Welcome to the 1000s, Sarge! I guess your Avatar is befitting of your new rank, eh?

Terry: ISBN number should solve it all.

I'd like to buy an e-reader (one with e-ink display), but the prices are way too high to justify the purchase at the moment. And all the current products on the market have their drawbacks. The Kindle is a decent option, but it's ugly as hell and costs more than a laptop (400 dollars for an e-ink screen? And I still have to pay 10 dollars for a book, even though it doesn't cost them anything to make it?!)

the price of comfort $410 or you could buy a real book for 10 dollars and not worry if you lose it i tried posting on the website using my dads htc wireless touch but it wouldn't type as in it wouldn't show on the quick reply thing no biggy is the kindle the one wer you make page turning moves?

congrats sarge!!

i shouldn;t be making such a big deal not to belittle the feat but what goes around comes around so i wouldn;t mind anyone doing this to me next time :booyah: congrats again
p.s. why aren't you a mod?????:tongueout:oint:

Addendum:

how ironic i got promoted by congratulated others thank sarge long live slytherin this would be #161 but no double posts "voldemort i come to serve"

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! :grinning:
And Guru, yeah my av suits nicely :smile:

congrats sarge!!

i shouldn;t be making such a big deal not to belittle the feat but what goes around comes around so i wouldn;t mind anyone doing this to me next time :booyah: congrats again
p.s. why aren't you a mod?????:tongueout:oint:

Addendum:

how ironic i got promoted by congratulated others thank sarge long live slytherin this would be #161 but no double posts "voldemort i come to serve"

Thanks, Ali !!!!
This can look like an error message on people's PC's and what ever they surf on :??

Ps. What do you mean why am I not a mod?

Last edited:
OMG, if that were the case over at McAfee there would be total chaos. I think it has to do something with knowledge and ability to make decisions about posts/threads rather than number of posts.

There are a number of people here that are above and beyond "moderator quality" and I'm sure would make it to "Moderator" status if that were a position vacant for the taking.

However, for a board of this size and level of activity, at the moment there is no need for additional moderation and/or moderators; though I'm sure that will change as NST grows and expands.

when i said why aren't you a mod i thought that after getting 1000 posts you become a moderator

LOL, I might have to disappoint you but I didn't see a forum of that kind so far. As Peter says, it would be a chaos if that was the case.

:smile:

OMG I've turned blue.
That doesn't suit my personality (or my politics) at all !
Can't I go back to being a simple Wiz ? (or at least a red one)

I dont think there is a Red Wizard Terry so you may be out of luck.
Red and Blue you're not talking about Democrat and Republican right? What parties are there in Britain?

In UK, and the rest of the world as far as I know, Red is left and Blue is right (Labour and Conservative in England).
I don't know what historical accident caused the US to reverse the colour coding, because they still talk of "Reds under the bed" or "The Red Peril" when refering to international affairs, or even talk pejoratively of "pinko's" internally, so I have no idea why their right-wing is red.

Anyone know of anywhere else where the left/right colour coding is different ?

In naval and aviation navigation of course left is red and right is green, but that's probably got nothing to do with it.

Back