The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All...

I installed easyBCD last night and immediately used it to change a boot order sequence. I did post a thread a a little while ago. it was to see if I got my thought processes proper on what I wanted to do with it.

I'm more of a troubleshooter for hardware & drivers. I look at computers as being a tool. Not something that I sit and stare at and write things.

I'm Canadian.

Asus A7N8X-X motherboard
AMD XP 2000+ Palomino processor
250MB WD hard drive
80 Gig WD hard Drive
LG DVD Burner
2 Gigs Kingston PC3200 RAM
256MB Sparkle AGP Video Card (YEP AGP)
Windows XP Home 32 Bit version Service Pack 3

Hiya Canuck :smile:

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we'll be able to clear up any questions you might have :smile:

New to this method of dual booting

I've done lots of research trying to find a program like EBCD. I have two systems, and I plan to "wipe the drive" and install a dual boot setup using WinXP, I understand it should be installed first ? and Win 7. I've done dual boots in the past with WinXP and Ububntu. It was a dream setup. Linux is very smart. I'm hesitant, however, to setup two Windows using EBCD because the guides I've looked at don't appear, to me anyway, user friendly. Could I be in over my head in trying this ?

If you previously used grub as the boot manager for your Linux/XP dual boot and you'd like a triple boot with an additional W7; you can install the 3 systems, Linux last, (letting it take its defaults) and you'll end up with a grub controlled triple boot automatically.
A windows dual-boot, sans Linux is simple too.
MS preferred route, XP then W7, will also result in an automatic dual-boot controlled by W7 bootmgr (with the W7 boot files on the XP partition)
If you want to install W7 first (and keep W7 boot files with the OS), pre-allocate your partitions to prevent the W7 install from creating a hidden boot partition, Install W7 then XP and you'll end up with an XP-only boot, (XP will have overwritten the MBR)
You can fix that very quickly as decribed here
http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD
http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+with+EasyBCD
Read the sticky thread if you want more detail on dual-booting.

HELP!!

Hi, I need some help with my Vista. The BIOS is broken, and while I have the updated BIOS to fix it, I can't get the computer to boot. How do I fix this?

Hello, new member from the Midwest. I downloaded the Vista recovery torrent from Neosmart and am thankful for the download.

Hi everybody

Hi,

This is Suddha from India.

I feel this is a great place to have your queries / issues resolved relating to Windows!!

I hope make good use of this site's abundant resources.

Thank You

Hello from Texas. Like many others, I found Neosmart due to a windows problem. I'll post that in another forum. Thanks for the helpful community here.

Hello every body, my name is Michael from Indonesia. I'm new in Window 7 world (not use Window since 2000), and relatively more familiar with GNU/Linux. I think EasyBCD could help me to build dual-boot (Windows 7 and Ubuntu or what ever GNU/Linux distro) in my laptop. It is delivered with Windows 7 already, so I manage first to have a new basic partition. (Of course, I fall into dynamic disk issue and get out with partition wizard profesional software and with sacrifying one partition containing HP_RESTORE. Hope I could participate in your discussion.

Hi! Welcome to the NST forum... Wait. That's not my job... Well, Hi! I'm from Canada, no I don't live in an igloo, I don't ride caribous, and I don't have a pet beaver... But I do say Eh? a lot :tongueout:

hi im edward mark clet from philippines and i'm new in here.I just searched in the google about how to safe mode in dual booting and it was appeard in this site so i'm so thankful to this site.So i get to register on it =)..

Welcome aboard, guys :smile:

Shazzy: You don't say! But you *do* have Red Mounties guarding the school crossings, right? :tongueout:

edmarkz: Welcome. EasyBCD 2.0 lets you create an extra entry for Safe Mode Windows.

Hi my name is (and I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise) William. :wink:
I've been visting this site on and off for a while and thought I could just as well register.
Currently I do language translating work for software publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back