The Introduction Thread

Hi there...

At the end of 2008, I managed to pick up a real bargain - a brand newLenovo Thinkpad T61, complete with Vista Business. I'd read of problems with Grub and Vista, and also seen mention of EasyBCD (on a Linux forum, if I remember correctly). So I did a bit of searching, found the site, downloaded the current version (1.7.2), read enough of the docs to get it installed and running, and have been running it eve since.

:smile: I'm about to clone my 250 GB drive to a 400 GB, and decided I'd better collect all the necessary software to make sure I could get back up and running as quickly as possible. EasyBCD being one of the items I'm certainly going to need.

I'd like to say thanks for a very useful utility. Its worked flawlessly for me for almost 2 years, and looking at the changes, Neo Grub may be even more helpful once I complete the migration.

:grinning: I will have a few questions regarding Neo Grub, but they can come later. For the moment, thanks!

Paul.

Hi all, I'm Jeff from Chino, California. I produce electronica music and I'm an audio engineer. Granted I just graduated high school, I plan on going to a technical school to achieve masters in information technology and possibly electronics too.

Dual-booting was never really a thing for me however I thought about doing it when I got 7 and I still wanted to do certain things on XP. I found out about EasyBCD in a tutorial I googled on how to dual-boot XP with pre-installed 7. Indeed it worked. Had one minor issue but now it works seamlessly. Thanks to EasyBCD or I would not be dual-booting. Cheers!

- Hoss

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. May I take this opportunity to wish the Computer Guru, staff in NeoSmart and all Muslim members and friends "Selamat Hari Raya" or "Happy Eid".

Newbie Novice,
Weng Lok Chua

Hello all, 64 Canadian boy, total newbie to Linux, was directed to this site from doing a search for something, can't exactly remember what I was searching at the moment, but ended up here. Read a few threads and posts so registered . I have no plea for help as yet, as I only today actually put the CD for Ubuntu 10.04 in the computer and just have been exploring the opening screen pages. My first success was putting the CD in, and have the opening screen come up, now to figure out where to go next.

hello my name is jeff and i am from pa. i would like someone to help me download a vista startup disc. i have tried all day with uTorrent on this site to no avail. i am trying to fix my daughters laptop.

Addendum:

hello my name is jeff and i am from pa. i would like someone to help me download a vista startup disc. i have tried all day with uTorrent on this site to no avail. i am trying to fix my daughters laptop.

Last edited:
Hi jeff, welcome to the forums.

We've been having server issues of late, but everything is (to the best of my knowledge) back up and running now, on a new server.

You should be able to download the file now without any issues.

Hello

Bill here, newbie. Am sysadmin for a windows network in small business (about 50 business users and 200-300 guest users)

Joined because of needing help booting from ISO. Don't tell me how here, I'll search first , then start a thread if I don't find answer.

That's all I have for introduction.

Bill

Hello I am New Here. I just wanted to introduce myself and share my situations that have occurred to me.
My windows vista os was not installed when i used my recovery cd even though i tried many times but it just didnt work. So now i just bought Linux and i am very happy ^^

Greetings

Call me "THE Newb" since I can't get my computer to boot into XP, even with EasyBCD. Perfect reason to sign up and hope for some help to get the problem solved.

Cheers

HJ

Introductions

I'm a MCP, MCSA, MCSE, have my CCDA, and CCNA (big deal when the jobs for it are more than 4 hours away right ? not that any of it's a glamourous position)

I build my own systems

the main function of the systems I build is as a Digital Audio Workstation

Overclocking is an interest but I'm newer to it

I can program C++, VB6, C#, Java, PHP, Flash, Html, CSS, ASP, I'm great with using SQL Database, linux based machines, and I'm more used to 32bit OS than 64bit despite using 64 since XP 64

I have installed Windows of various versions too many times to count. For various purposes on both my own machine, alternate machines, old pcs, to fix a pc, as a virtual machine, or otherwise.

EasyBCD has both helped and damaged things in the past. Depending on how it was used but it's a great program.

I'm 25, been using Computers since I was a small child, DOS and Windows 3.5 were not my first experience. My first experience was programming basic on a commodore 64 and using one of those. still have one . I play and record music. I do web design. I custom build systems. I'm even responsible (As a beta tester) for some functions on some popular software especially data recovery ones. I seem to have no problem recovering (within reason) anything that's gotten screwed up or lost, big exception is physically dead HDDs, though I have jerry rigged physically damaged SATA and IDE drives (i.e. broken connectors, pins, etc..) to work long enough for recovery, or enabled them to work on a machine that wasn't built to run them)

Hi everyone

Welcome to the forums, daviencrow!

Glad to hear EasyBCD has been treating you well. Let me be the first to welcome you aboard.

That's quite an impressive list of accomplishments you have there - I'm sure you'll be a great asset if you choose to help out on our forums!

Hello everyone. Just found out about this software after my work laptop mobo died and I wanted to save my HD. So I plugged it into my desktop and Googled about dual booting. I have Vista 64 on my C: drive and now Vista 32 on my G drive. I love the idea of this and after getting this current set up going I'd like to install another hard drive with XP installed. So I will be able to tri boot. Would that be possible?? Thanks in advance!!

P.S. 23 year old web designer/blogger/gamer in south florida FYI

Last edited:
Back