The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia ora kia kouto,

I need a bit of help i been reading through a lot of the forums to see if i cant diy repair my PC . Definitely learning some stuff
but i guess if i dont ask the question straight up, my eyes are gonna go square.

I'll figure it out eventually.......maybe

Welcome. Post you questions in the appropriate forum and hopefully someone will give you a hand.

I hope I am in the right place. I followed the links and got here to introduce myself. If I am not in the right place then you have some work to do on the site!
I am a 58 year OLD MAN! I started work in my childhood and didn't stop for a long time. I have grub farmed and grew up very poor but didn't know it. We always had plenty to eat -caned from the LARGE garden, hogs butchered and salt and sugar cured meat and when I was in the 4Th Grade, my Dad bought an used TV. A big Step up from the radio where we listened to the Screeching Door, The Shadow, The Green Hornet, and a few more as they faded in and out. I was devastated when the used TV died! That was when I figured out we were poor. I took my first real PAYING job when I was 13 years old. I went on working and graduated from High School. I work a couple of years as a Hardware Store Manager-one of my teacher's Husband owned.That is how I got the job , on her recommendation! I had a Firestone Dealer hire me to sell Giant Off-The-Road Tires. After almost five years, I landed a job with Goodyear Tire and Rubber and work there for 22 years. In 1980 I was in an automotive accident and thrown through the windshield head first. I developed Gout, Diabetes and all the complications that come with it. Later I had arthritis start on my disk from the neck down, but continued to work. My back developed degenerative disk and I receive the gift of Neuropathy in my feet causing me to loose all balance. I was stopped by a heart attack before I got to the 25 year retirement, but made Branch Manager! I started playing banjo early in life and played with a few bands. I had my wife leave me with a 3Rd Grade daughter to rear-put through college and now have a Son-In-Law and two Grandchildren. I re-married-after a 10 year relationship where we were pardners in business-and married for about 8 years- and we are happy with what we have. I have started trying to re-learn the banjo after 22 years of no picking and I know little about computers and was lead here by the Windows Seven Forums. I will have a lot of questions, and maybe I can give some help to someone! I am glad to have found your site and intend to use it well. Thanks for the welcome, but remember I am not well and don't feel up to getting on the computer every day. So if someone out there knows me , look for my e-mail address and allow me some time to respond. I am truly disabled-not a society leech. I draw Disability, but believe me I earned it honestly! I also have an untouched 401K that did well, so don't fell to sorry for me! If you would like to talk to me, feel free. I am a talker! That is about it!
Thanks
harmie

Last edited:
Welcome to Neosmart. Post any questions in the appropriate area and someone will hopefully help you.

Hi i am a automotive engineering student doing some crash simulations on my pc that's to loud to keep it in close to the living room and therefore i was hoping iReboot and easyBCD will save my marriage.

Sorry that my first post is a cry for help, but it could be worse, i could have posted some spam, which you had to delete.
Since i don't know much about operating sytems and booting, i just using it, i am afraid i cant help other much.
Just if they have a theoretical question about crashing their car i could maybe say some, but then again thats not of any practical interest.

Ciao!

hello all i have a BIG problem i buy from this site recoverycd for windows vista ,but after cd repair i boot up and now it coms it says DIFFERENT USER ?????
I cant login anymore after the repaircd also f8 (savemode)dont work anymore can anyone help ,me with this problem????
thanks in advance
gr

Hello all,

I'm a regular Opensuse user and an occasional Windows+Office user.
I'm here trying to figure out how to have dual boot with Windows 8 in a UEFI laptop.
I'll post my questions in the appropriate sections.

Hello All,
I have been using EasyBCD and Boot Pro both for a while. Today, I tried Pro to boot an existing partition with Windows 7 pro on it and my backup of Windows 8 on another partition so that they would work side by side.. Boot Pro did not work in W8 so I ran Easy BCD from W8 and it worked first try. Now W8 and W7 play side by side. And this is the OLD version of EasyBCD... I'd like to see the new version play.

I am just a hobbyist.

Hi All - thought it wise to keep a hand on the pulse.

Lots of problems but more on those later...... good to have a place to go to.

cheers

Looks like I'm the new kid on the block.
Been playing with computers for a while. Bought a TIPC back in '84 maybe and have been active online ever since.
Work full time in one of the local government departments and enjoy it. Also, help out there with hardware and software troubleshooting.
Look forward to assisting and learning more here.
Stay well and surf safe

Hi devans,

I see you've been helping many people out - thank you! Stick around and have fun with us :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back