The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two desktops and a laptop, trying to keep up with all the things needed to keep them running but laptop went down on me....trying desperately to find a way to fix it....but have read so much "info" i think i am more confused now than when i started...:frowning:

Well good luck Jeremy. Ask a question in the appropriate section if you wish and one of us will try to answer.
This area is just for chit-chat.

Last edited:
This forum came through for me on a boot problem I was having with an HP laptop. I swear the easier they try to make it for people it just ends up screwing something up. I figured since I was able to get my issue resolved here so quickly I should join. Being an engineer and IT guy for my department I don't know everything but this forum/website was able to help me out. Thanks.

~Conixel

Hello all,
Im Nico (CodeAsm), arround 25 and student Technical Computing in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
Side note, currently for 5 month in china. Anyway I use EasyBCD mostly because of its easy Gui use against BCDEdit.exe. I love CL programs, but everytime I have to remember the UID number and retype it. never mind, I love this tool. And because our University is blocked because of spamming (!?) I really wanted to register and find some info on certain subjects.
Next part TLTR:
Long story bro, yes indeed. In my spare time I fix (and break) computer systems from myself and friends (yeah, also break). And I learn allot doing it. Im a programmer and a hardware man (In resistors and mcu.) Fixing game consoles and researching Xbox emulation. My ASM skills are 0x00 sadly. So yeah, maybe you can find some nice things in what I can share, but for now this first visit I want some info on XP booting from VHD (Its possible right?).

Now, im back doing random stuff and maybe give up on this idea of booting XP, and install it to a partition. But you propebly know how really creative persons think, if it sticks in the head, it wont go away so easily.(or something along the lines.)
ow and yes, I did my first own install of Win95 back in 2000. First Failed and few days later working multiboot (98 and Linux) in 2005. My self-done install of grub in 2006 (No longer some installer, no, just follow some instruction on a random forum (great idea :grinning:)) anyway, I know what I am doing ... we all do right :wink:

C,C++, C#, Java, Php, gml, litle bit Delphi. Sadly no Asm(x86, z80) yet.

Hi to everybody,

Just joined the forum to see what else everone else does with EasyBCD and the problems they have. I have been using it for my Windows & XP dual boot home built monster. I say that because sometimes it sometimes becomes totally uncontrollable interspersed with periods of deep deep sleep. My baby.... Hah.

Will post my first little problem a little later. Off to the pub now, quiz night. Catch you all soon.

Benjy54

Just go to the section about whatever you are wanting to ask a question about and look for the "Post New Thread" button at the top left.

For instance, EasyBCD Support:

(Click attached image)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello,
I jointed this forum because I have a problem on my laptop which I cannot solve on my own.

about me
Pensioned, computerskills 8 on a 0-10 scale.
assigned to the Seniorweb in the netherlands to help seniorcitycens with computerskills from scratch till advanced and related troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back