Vista SP1 RC Public Beta

That would be a major step in the 32Bit Kernel. Up till now it couldn't recognize the full 4GB. This will please many people if it is true.

I found out I was in error, sorry guys. It is reporting the full 4gb in System Properties (does it normally do that?) but Everest Ultimate gives the real story, sorry about that false alarm.
:S:scared:

Attachments

• VSP1.JPG
    VSP1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 3
  • EV1.JPG
    EV1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • EV2.JPG
    EV2.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 3
Normally from what i know it shows only 3GB or 3,.5GB of RAM on your system. I am not sure where it shows it but that is what i have heard.

Now this is getting weird. I know that 32 Bit OS's have that 4GB limit. Where with your GFX card and RAM it cant go over 4GB cause it wont be recognized or utilized.

Well Windows is only using 3300mb but on the System Properties page the full 4gb shows. That was what threw me and made me think that something had changed.

Probably just because of the programs you have running in the background then. If you turn everything off and keep on testing and re-testing it should go back up; but it doesn't mean much.

Wasn't Sp1 supposed to fix the sleep/hibernation problems Vista had?
I have my computer on no sleep or hibernate only turn off display but still sometimes the same problem occurs (it wont turn back on even though fan is on and u can tell the computer is on).
Only thing that i can think of is that my advanced power options are to turn off hard disk after 20 minutes of no use, so the problem may be from there.

Last edited:
I am :smile:

It's the same stupid RTM bug that I've seen on every other Vista PC out there - seems SP1 hasn't fixed it.

Back