Our Best Photos [56k Warning]

This is taken on the hill, it's sunset :smile:

cxs017aq4.jpg

As the only digital cameras I own are a) my webcam and b) my KRZR K1 cell phone, this submission is a copy of a 35mm shot I took "somewhere" over the Atlantic ocean a few years back, from the window of an Air Canada 747. originally a slide, then printed, then scanned.... so the quality is not too good, sorry.

imgmediumnf5.jpg

Ex_Brit said:
What the heck is it? Looks well used.
That's how my PC looks form the inside :crazy: just kidding of course :grinning: Well, that's some kind of machine... well... that's... how do you call it... damn... i don't know... something cool isn't it?? :smile:

That sky taken from airplane, is that down ocean or clouds?

It was between cloud layers...strato-cumulous below and high-cirrus (or something-or-other!!) above and the sun was about to rise. All I know is we were flying extremely high due to turbulence...something like 49,000 feet if my memory serves me right.

Great pics you guys!! CG the highest I ever flew was in a very old 707 at 52,000 (don't ask - it was Pandemonium World Scareways...the late PanAm to the uninitiated) and there was ice on the inside of the windows despite the Captain turning up the heat to max. Blankets were much in evidence.
The world is definitely round at that altitude! That's way above the normal max. altitude for a 707, but that's the Captain said, I swear. Something to do with headwinds. All I know is that the wings were flapping like crazy, they always did on 707's, if they didn't they would have dropped off. ;-(

Aw, that cat.....I want one!

CG, yes I know I could probably enhance that pic in my Photoshop but it's actually scanned from the only print I have which was mounted on some backboard for hanging and I have no need for another copy...yet.
The original slide is buried in a cedar trunk somewhere, along with my old carousel slide projector. :wink:

Just saw your reply, Peter.

Well, that pic is 10 months old now, Smokey turns a year old tomorrow on the Ides of March :grinning:
Smokey's half-Siamese (mother's side), hence the wedge-shaped intelligent face. But the long hair comes from the father - interesting mix!

But dude... 52k!!?????
You were practically in space!! :| :| :|

LOL @ Sarge - "if I can catch her"...!!

I used to have a Manx cat (tailless) - she was black and white and the best friend I ever had. Unfortunately she died and I never replaced her. Her incredible trick was to leap on to my shoulder from close to my feet - and I'm 6' tall.
I don't think I have any pics.

Ex_Brit said:

Well, yeah, she doesn't like me much, and she is outside a lot of time.. so that's why i'm having trouble catching her, but she must come, must be hungry at least 2 times per a day :tongueout:

Sarge said:
Ex_Brit said:

Well, yeah, she doesn't like me much, and she is outside a lot of time.. so that's why i'm having trouble catching her, but she must come, must be hungry at least 2 times per a day :tongueout:
Uh-oh, claws out time. Actually, sometimes the best shots of animals are taken when they aren't ready or posed. So if your shot shows just a rear end disappearing through a cat flap we'll understand!! LOL

Ex_Brit said:
Uh-oh, claws out time. Actually, sometimes the best shots of animals are taken when they aren't ready or posed. So if your shot shows just a rear end disappearing through a cat flap we'll understand!! LOL
Thank you for the kind words... LOL :evil:

Here she is! :grinning: I call her Gothic Queen :smile:

cat002wh2.jpg

That in background is hers playground :smile:.

This is she in action:
cat011my0.jpg

This is she telling me "I don't wanna play anymore, leave me alone :tongueout:"
cat004vz2.jpg

Sorry this one is blur, i was pressing one button and than took a picture, that was mistake... and later that moment :smile:p) was gone...

Pics are taken about 2 hours ago...

Ex_Brit said:
Hey you managed to get shots without getting maimed...great! Cat is cute.
Well yeah i DID made that shots, but it wasn't easy! not at all!

First, i came home, she wasn't there, of course, than, a couple hours later, i get out of the house, i see she came, i go back inside to get camera, and slowly come closer and closer to her... when she seen me :openmouth: she made a move , and climbed the tree (to bad i don't have picture where she climbs on three) when i came closer, she jumps down... and than she hides, later i found it.. and than... oh i think this will be enough to get a picture of action we had (me and queen). :happy:

Back