The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I will of course be asking for help but thought it might be the polite thing to at least introduce myself :smile:

I'm Tony, an olderish (not a real word I know) guy from Wolverhampton in England.

I like building pc's but I seem to be better at the hardware rather than the software side of things.

Hi Tony, welcome to the forums :smile:
We love both hardware and software here, and will be more than happy to help!

Hi new here at the barum, love EasyBCD 2.0

I am the writer of the OpenDNS .com work, a geologist, and not one of those submissive Jesus geologist that kinda run things on this planet. No, I am the real deal and the uglier things are the more I want to discover. I can't even describe how ugly things are, man they are bad. Hanging by a shoe string.

Well, got me a parted hard drive, just like the red sea, now just working on loading XP on a 7-up system. Well got to go get some reading done I guess.

Thank for the program I will pay you 10 as soon as i get a job/work/book sales. I am good for it, Mr Guru.

Billy

Welcome to the forums, Billy. Our stuff is and will always be available for free, don't worry about it :smile:

Howdy all,

Sounds like there is a nice community of tech interested folks here :smile:

Well I wound up here because I attempted to use EasyBCD and to re-configure my new VHD boot setup, but I was a little disappointed to find out EasyBCD doesn't seem to have to support for this so I thought I'd post a feature request :smile: In the mean time bcdedit.exe did the trick.

Thanks,

Hi antize,

Forget long bcdedit commands! EasyBCD does support VHD boot entries, but only in the 2.0 beta and RC builds available from here. If you'd like to try it out we'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Howdy all,

Sounds like there is a nice community of tech interested folks here :smile:

Well I wound up here because I attempted to use EasyBCD and to re-configure my new VHD boot setup, but I was a little disappointed to find out EasyBCD doesn't seem to have to support for this so I thought I'd post a feature request :smile: In the mean time bcdedit.exe did the trick.

Thanks,
Welcome to NST, antize.
What you are looking for is in the 2.0 Beta Builds of EasyBCD.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome.
I would like to say that EasyBCD 2.0 build100 is easy to use and configure. I am using it to dual boot Windows 7 x32 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard on my PC. Works just fine with no fuss. I will be adding some flavor of Linux soon. Keep you posted

This place is heaven of knowledge and CG is an angel.Goodness, i never thought that EasyBCD has soltuion to all my problems,well just because of EasyBCD today i am able to run three multiple OS in my new lenovo laptop.Ill be always thankful to EasyBCD and the developers,specially Computer Guru ,you rocks.my name is Ibrahim and i am from UAE. Neo Smart community is kind of a treasure i discovered. I am sure my search for solutions will end here :smile:

Came to get newest version

I already use Easy BSD on a Compaq desktop duel booting Windows Vista and Puppy linux (multiple versions using a grub menu.lst file. But I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite L555D laptop that is running Windows 7 64bit. I have been booting to linux on it using a 4 gig USB flash drive and the boot selection menu. I would like to shrink the partition containing windows 7 and go through the steps of creating a frugal install. I am unsure about using GRUB with one hard drive on the laptop. My desktop has a second drive installed for linux with grub on it. So now it is a matter of IF I want to wait till the warranty on the laptop expires so as not to void it. Some manufacturers are really picky on honoring a warranty if you add another operating system.

Hello,

now it's time to post something about me.
My way to this Forum starts with a google search leading me to EasyBCD.
That was... about a year ago while installing a dual boot on my new laptop.

As most of you might suspect I'm from Germany.
Are there some other germans or european?
Is iReboot often used in Europe or are there no userers...?

My Laptop is using Vista, XP Pro and Ubuntu.
Unfortunately I've been forced to install Ubuntu as a virtual system because for me there was no chance to start the LAN Hardware with Ubuntu after beeing disabled by Windows....
I'm using VirtualBox for my virtual system and like to have Windows and Ubuntu running both.

With Dexpot (a tool for virtual Desktops) I'm able to switch Windows (desktop 1) and Ubuntu (desktop 2) or running both on the same desktop in seamless mode (Virtual Box).

That's it - don't know what more to say but:
Thank's for your work and your EasyBCD and iReboot - it's exactly what I need to have! :wink:

Have a nice Weekend.

Last edited:
Hello everybody.
I ended up here because of the famous "bootmng is missing" message!!!
And EasyBCD fixed it very well. Thanks to everybody.

Saludos from Spain.

Welcome to NeoSmart Technologies, Kirocaste.

Glad EasyBCD helped you out. Send our regards to all our friends in Spain :smile:
(and good luck with the World Cup!)

I came here looking for the build 100 RC of EasyBCD. I found it, and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all involved for providing this very useful tool.

NEW MEMBER...

First off, thank you so much for that warm welcome Mahmoud and also for your very knowledgeable assistance with our computer woes!:??

I read quite a few posts before joining this forum and must say I am truly impressed and humbled to be amongst so many computer gurus! :booyah:

Make it a great weekend everyone! :happy:

DoraJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back