The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody.
My 1st post was a cry for help. After posting it then only I come here. Not too late huh? Me from Malaysia, use the computer since 8086 time.

See you around, guys!

Hi all.
I came here in 2008 - unemployed and sorting out a new laptop for myself. I foolishly bought one with Vista (future proofing) and discovered none of my stuff would work with it. Teachers make loads of free software for each other but none of it worked on Vista - also big names like my Canon photo stuff. Anyway folks here helped me loads and I was able to partition my Acer, hide Vista away in a corner and install XP.
I thought that one day I would make use of this easy BCD stuff and get the Vista working too. However, no need as no one seems to love Vista and the world has moved on to Windows 7.
I'm still thankful for all the help I got here.

My poor Acer is getting old and over heating so I've bought myself a new Toshiba with Windows 7 now. I'm back again looking for help to transfer my licence for Office 2007 to the new machine but no luck so far. Can you direct me to a suitable thread?

Hi flysalot,

I thought I recognized your name and I asked myself "how do we have a new member with the same username introducing himself?"

Anyway.... Transferring the Office 2007 license is easy - just install Office 2007 on your new machine, and go to the activation page. Call the hotline, explain that you have an old machine you'll no longer use Office on, give them your product key, and they'll activate it for you.

Please continue this discussion in a new thread :smile:

New user

Hi,
I'm new user. An italian from France... for 6 years now!
I use Ubuntu and when i installed windows 7, grub 2 has been erased.
So I discover EASY BCD. And now every thing is good.
Easy to use THANKS to developpers!

See you

Leonardo

Newby

Hi, found this site by searching the internet for help refurbishing and debugging my Pastor's computer. Slow process full of trial and error, still not done, has a bad cd/dvd drive, won't read disc's. Glad you all are here as I am one of those folks that knows just enough to get into a deep hole and will come here for fill dirt to get out.:happy:

Hi, found this site by searching the internet for help refurbishing and debugging my Pastor's computer. Slow process full of trial and error, still not done, has a bad cd/dvd drive, won't read disc's. Glad you all are here as I am one of those folks that knows just enough to get into a deep hole and will come here for fill dirt to get out.:happy:

Welcome. One of my drives a while back on my old machine had the same problem. A firmware update from the maker's website fixed it. Of course I can't guarantee that.

Hi there, everybody. My first time around, came here because in the last days I stumbled on this nice piece called EasyBCD.

I was (and still am, will post later about it) trying to boot Ubuntu installed on a given partition. Right now, I've tried so much that I'm already messing directly with BCDEDIT, but still, the ease provided by EasyBCD is invaluable.

I'm a brazilian 39 y.o. software engineer, just unemployed, and with some time to dedicate to my main hobby: taking care of my own old computer. :smile:

C ya around, gentlemen!

Hiya Charlie Brown, welcome to our forums!

I'm glad you've found EasyBCD to be useful thus far, here's to hoping it takes you all the way :smile:

Hello all, I know NeoSmart's website for several years now but never registered on the forums. I found it several years ago while searching for Neowin. The tools Neosmart give away for free like ToolTipFixer, EasyBCD, 64-bit TweakUI, iReboot are so great. I am still an XP fanboy and I *still* don't like Windows 7 (aka Vista R2) and Vista because of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_features_removed_in_Windows_7 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_features_removed_in_Windows_Vista.

I hope people around here won't be nasty to XP fanboys, like that other Neo- site.

Hi, I'll be honest: I only registed on the forum to get some help so I can get my Vista BCD to work properly and on its own.

Hello, Sorry I am one of those people who is desperate for help. This seems like a great community and I am glad to have joined. Still trying to work it all out.
Kind regards,
Chris

Hey Guys

Hi im Bugsy i have browsed the forum before a while back and thought i would join up today :smile:

I join to hopefully learn more about windows and maybe offer some useful advice to others that need it.

I would consider myself as an experienced windows user and i also repair pc/laptops when i can.

Thanks
Bugsy

Hey Bugsy, welcome to the forums!

We're glad to have you here, and look forward to seeing more of you and your posts soon!
Give our best to all our friends in Glasgow :smile:

Thanks Easy BCD.

For somebody like me with little or no experience with a computer,i managed to dual boot
with Easy BCD, happy to join this forum, and thank you for making my life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back