Opera? No, thanks.

What drop down menu and that? For web addresses? Right next to the address bar. HAve to give a bit of detail on that one. Not sure what you mean.

okay

Fire Fox has next to the Back and Forward arrows, are Down Carrots. That brings up a menu of the past places visited. your history forward and back

i have noticed opera has the double bck and forward arrows.

Yes Opera uses 2 sets of arrows. The one set takes you back a page. The other takes you back a site. The outer most are the site ones and the inner ones are the page ones. It is a tad different than the Firefox method. Also if you click on the tab by the Address Bar in Opera you should see your history as well.

yeah

but i like the idea of going back a site still, so maybe a fusion of both ideas ^_^

---

FOUND IT!
okay in opera, -> tools -> Appearence -> Buttons -> Browser.

you cna right click to remove the back to site buttons, and add the back and forward with drop down menu by dragging.

Last edited:
If you right-click the back button (or hold it down for a while?) you can see a menu of all previous pages.

Opera 9.5 beta builds have a memory leak. 9.0 didn't.

Kahai i think i sovled this issue for you. At elast with the forward and back buttons with the drop down menu.

At the top right click on the area where the tabs are. There select Customize. It will bring up the Menu. Click on the buttons setting and select Browser. There you can right click on the buttons in the address bar area. Remove all the forward and back buttons. There you will find your forward and back buttons with the drop down munu icon with them so you can go back 1 page or all pages ot to what ever page you want.

:grinning:

I knew there had to be a way to fix that.

yeah

but i like the idea of going back a site still, so maybe a fusion of both ideas ^_^

---

FOUND IT!
okay in opera, -> tools -> Appearence -> Buttons -> Browser.

you cna right click to remove the back to site buttons, and add the back and forward with drop down menu by dragging.

Mak i already found it :tongueout:

~oh and for some unknown reason im getting
Code:
<h1>Service Unavailable</h1>
when i try to view the thread and some others in Opera, but in FF its all fine~

okay it got fixed no more problems veiwing threads in opera

Last edited:
^ its okay Mak ^_^ no worries

another thing i have noticed is, FF2 starts faster then opera, (im using the current stable release)

and when i think i didnt start opera, becuase it doesnt load fast as fast a FF (i double click opera first too) i double click it again and am told that theres another opera running, only one at a time?

Yes Opera will only open 1 instance of the browser main window. After that it will only open tabs. This is so that it doesnt corrupt the profile in use.

I current dislike the amount of time it takes for Opera to load Tabs, and overall its still slower for me then FF

i guess it isnt really the tabs, but i sit and have a tab open and watch it take forever to load the page, i asked before but does opera load things in a different order then FF, normally i can get some images seen in ff pretty quickly, but opera doesnt load the same way from my perpective

From what i know Opera does load differently. But yet again i dont know why your experience is so different. As i get stuff loading right away when i click on a new tab and select something from a speed dial or bookmark. :S

I am not sure how Opera loads but i do know that it is different. I will have to find out for you.

Back