Translations to Other Languages

EasyBCD 2.2 will have full internationalization support. Beta builds can be downloaded from EasyBCD 2.2 Beta Builds to get started.

EasyBCD is using the NeoSmart Localization Toolkit, opensourced at NeoSmart/Localization - GitHub, to power the translations.

As I just read in your RSS flux I plan to help you translating in FR and BG
(is there a post wich list all the languages in progress ? this thraed is too huge to be read)

Hi gvaudan,

No need to read the whole thread. The first post has the list of translations in progress. We don't have any FR or BG translators yet. If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to add your name and languages to the translation!

Thank you :smile:

First version of Polish translation (pl-PL)

Hi,
I've finished my version of Polish translation (in attachement; for version 2.2beta build 166).
I would be thankful if anyone could check it and feedback me errors (if there are any).

I omitted options in list for PAE and other advanced stuff, because not advanced users don't use them often, and other (advanced) users use english nomenclatures, because in Polish some english phrases are expanded to whole sentences... Too long descriptions are problematic for translating technical documents into Polish. Other reason I omitted those list field was that some of those options would differ eachother in one letter, eg. 'włączyć' and 'wyłączyć', wich may cause serious consequences.

BTW> Windows size should be at least 50px wider, becaus one of radio options on first page is not visible at default window size after instalation.

I hope you enjoy my translation!

@EDIT: I made few corrects in text appearance in AboutBox and Donate window. Now it should be look better than previous version :smile:

Attached file contains updated version :smile:
--
Kili

Attachments

• pl-PL.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thank you. I have replied to your PM as well.

Please note that a future beta build will have an option to load the correct sizes from the translation file, so you can choose what the default starting (minimum) width/height are for each dialog as it suites your language.

Also, it's more than acceptable to leave some strings as-is. Just go with whatever makes the most sense.

Addendum:

I just installed the Polish translation on my PC - you've done an excellent job fitting the text in, and using English where it works best. Thanks again. Please don't forget to reply to my PM.

Last edited:
thank you very much now how do I select the polish language in EasyBcd 2.1.2

thank you very much now how do I select the polish language in EasyBcd 2.1.2, there is no language folder in EasyBcd 2.1.2

I downloaded the beta version of EasyBcd, and I found the folder lang C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\lang, and pasted the Polish language, then I went to menu select Language and chose Polish, and restarted the program.

Thank you very much you have been helpfull

Last edited:
Hello Lucasz,

The Polish language will ship with the next build of EasyBCD. It's not in 166.

Addendum:

Thanks, Kili.

Please hold off on any changes until I release the new beta build of EasyBCD *OR* make sure that before you give me any new changes you download a copy of the latest version of the strings from NeoSmart/EasyBCD-Localization - GitHub (direct download link: https://github.com/NeoSmart/EasyBCD-Localization/zipball/master) as I always update the github page immediately after making any string-related changes, while new EasyBCD builds are not published as often.

I've moved your name up in the about box. You can see the changes here: Commit c6d208e790d7c32dcee008a1741b1e249bf637d6 to NeoSmart/EasyBCD-Localization - GitHub

Last edited:
Dobryansky, thank you and your friends for your help with this translation!

I'll have a look and hopefully it can be included in the next beta build.

BTW, for the future: you can attach ZIP files to your posts here, so you don't need to host them on one of those services.

@Dobryansky, @gvaudan: Please use build 167 as the base for the next upload as it has new strings in en-US.

Thanks!

Hi Computer Guru! I'm not sure about the translation, there are shortcomings and netochnosi. To translate correctly, you need to work with the program for all options.
There are some difficulties in translation. Sorry. My friends and I can not manage to do a full translation to version 167. Perhaps the transfer will be ready for version 168. I will consult with friends, when we are able to translate in its entirety and be sure to notices to you. What do you say to that? It is very important to know.
I would not like to blush for no exact translation. Maybe I'm too hasty. Srochchno forward to your reply. And once again sorry for the haste.

Last edited:
Dobryansky, it seems we are misunderstanding each other.

I am in no hurry for the translation. You do not need to make one for the next beta build.
What I am saying is that there is now a new EasyBCD beta build (167 at EasyBCD 2.2 Beta Builds) which contains a few new strings. I am bringing it to your attention so that any future string updates you post (now, in a week, in a month, or whenever :smile:) can be more complete by including the latest strings - which is accomplished by using build 167 as the new "base" source for the English strings.

I hope this clears things up?

Back