Too much talk, too many misconceptions; too much bragging, to much false info.
That just about sums up the rumors about the Vista December CTP. So here is to some clarification!
- The December CTP is not Code Complete.
- The December CTP is not Beta 2
- The December CTP is not a Public Beta
- The December CTP is an almost Code-Complete build. Microsoft has verified that it will be closely followed by an internal code-complete build, and only then will Beta 2 (in code-complete stage) be released.
- No one knows the Build Number of the December CTP. Yep, not even Paul.
- A CTP is simply an internal build that goes through a series of steps and preps to convert it to a code-complete build.
- Any build can (if MS so pleases) be made into a CTP. It probably does not take too long to convert a build to CTP, relatively speaking.
- If major glitches are found in the build intended to be released as a CTP, Microsoft simply converts a later (or earlier for that matter) build to the CTP. Despite people’s (no names please =P) claims, they do not have the CTP, and nor will they until it is distributed to the Tech Beta testers as the CTP.
- The December CTP will have bugs, it will not have complete upgrading support from XP, nor will it contain Windows Update.
- The sources for all of these claims are documented from official (public and private) discussions with Microsoft officials, unlike many other sources on the net.
Feel free to email me for any sources or misconceptions :D